1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
I never close my closet. Funny, because a "closet", etymologically, is a thing meant to be closed.
2. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
In, if possible. Sometimes I forget.
3. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
Not that I can recall. If I'm gonna be a deviant, it'll be in a way more interesting than that.
4. Do you cut out coupons and never use them?
No, that takes too much time. I just get loyalty cards when they seem worth it -- that takes virtually no investment in time but gets me savings nonetheless.
5. Would you rather be attacked by bears or bees?
Well, the movies tell me that backing away slowly from a bear usually works, whereas, bees will just follow me and sting me. If the bees are rather numerous and harmful (e.g., hornets), I'd rather face a bear. If they're carpenter bees, then I'll gladly face the bees.
6. Do you have freckles?
7. Do you always smile for pictures?
Actually... I think I do. There are only one or two times when I didn't.
8. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Only on the stairs... every time. I can't break the habit.
9. Have you ever peed in the woods?
Practically every time I go to the woods, unless it's a public park.
10. What about pooped in the woods?
11. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
Pens, yes. I seldom use pencils.
12. What’s your song of the week?
Most of the music I like is purely instrumental... so, technically, I don't listen to many songs.
13. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
Yes. I had a male anthropology professor who wore a pink shirt tucked in to his dressy khakis every Friday... Hawaiian shirts on MTWTh.
14. Do you still watch Cartoons?
No... but I could see myself watching Star Trek: The Animated Series.
15. What do you drink with dinner?
Red red wine... bitter is better.
16. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Chick-Fil-A sauce, of course.
17. What’s your favourite food?
My mom's macaroni and cheese.
18. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
I was a Cub Scout, but never went any further.
19. Would you ever strip or pose naked for a magazine?
Maybe... depends on how much they'd pay me.
20. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Just that one time when I was doing 45 in a 35.
21. Favorite kind of sandwich?
I eat plenty of sandwiches but don't think much about them. I don't pay much attention to my sustenance.
22. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Eggs, in their many and varied preparations.
23. What’s your usual bedtime?
10 or 10:30 p.m. During the school year I wake up at 5:30 to get ready to teach. During the summer I just sleep longer.
24. Are you lazy?
Mostly. I don't like cooking or cleaning. I get all my work done on time or early, and when someone asks me for help, I help. But in my natural state, when unbothered by social obligations, I am lazy. I read, watch movies, and play games. I exercise sometimes but only because I feel it necessary.
25. What is your Chinese astrology sign?
Hold on, let me Google it...
... I'm a Pig. Sounds about right.
26. How many languages can you speak?
English, with proficiency, seeing that it's my native language. I know bits and pieces of Spanish, French, Italian, and German. I can read Latin and ancient Greek very well, write them pretty easily with a dictionary, and speak them pretty haltingly.
27. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
Yes. I used to subscribe to some sci-fi and fantasy magazines in college, but now I work for living, so my schedule for reading is less reliable. So I subscribe to some history magazines now. The articles are shorter, so I can usually squeeze them in before bedtime.
28. Are you stubborn?
Sometimes. Ten years ago, I was way more stubborn, but I guess I've mellowed out more by now.
29. Are you afraid of heights?
Where there's a railing or other barrier, I'm fine. Otherwise, I'll give the edge some healthy respect.
30. Do you sing in the car?
31. Do you ever dance in the car?
Only when it is safe to do so.
32. Ever used a gun?
A bit... just some target practice in the woods. I don't shoot animals or people, though.
33. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
About 10 months ago, for the school yearbook.
34. Do you think muscles are cheesy?
No. They're either pleasant (if subtle) or disgusting (if overt).
35. Favorite type of fruit pie?
36. Occupation you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Paleontologist. Sam Neill in Jurassic Park was my hero.
37. Do you believe in ghosts?
... slightly less cheeky answer: no, not unless given definitive proof. I do, however, believe in spirits or souls (whether they are separable from bodies, I'm not sure yet).
38. Ever had a deja-vu feeling?
At least once a year.
39. First concert?
A Nutcracker performance that my parents took me to a looooooooooong time ago.
40. Nike or Adidas?
41. Ever take dance lessons?
42. Regularly burn incense?
Not even once.
43. Who would you like to see in concert?
44. Hot tea or cold tea?
45. Tea or Coffee?
Coffee! Bitter is better.
46. Can you swim well?
Well enough to survive a sinking boat no more than 100 feet from shore.
47. Are you patient?
Sometimes. It depends on what I'm waiting for. I've been told I'm a very patient teacher.
48. DJ or band at a wedding?
Band. Live music is almost always better... it feels more like music.
49. Which are better, black or green olives?
50. Would you rather live in a fictional world or the real world?
I don't think I can answer that in a binary way. The real world is only comprehensible insofar as it is fictionalized (i.e., given meaning by human minds). And so, the real world is understood in many different ways, depending on who the observer is.
But if I understand the intent of the question correctly, I would say that there are some fictional worlds I would rather live in -- utopian worlds, such as the Federation in Star Trek, are way better than the world I live in now.